Chris's Blog

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

New Blog!

Not that I have readers or anything (yet), but welcome to my new blog! I was previously a member (sorta) of xanga.com, but decided that it was time to move on when my primary friends stopped posting and I stopped getting readership (blogger is way cooler anyways - maybe YOU should be blogging here).

This blog is open enough to contain anything, but will most likely contain nerdy tech stuff that I'm so fascinated by. You'll notice that you can comment on my posts (which I hope you'll do very frequently) as well as subscribe to my blog through what's called a feed. There are lots of free programs out there that let you do this. If you're using firefox, you can subscribe to my blog by clicking on the little icon on the right-hand side of your address bar to create what's called a "live bookmark".

Speaking of technology, I found this way-cool site today: www.writely.com. I read about it in a news article on C|Net that was talking about how all software is moving off the desktop and onto the internet. Writely.com is a site that allows you to write documents for free and in several different formats. What blew my mind about it was how it felt so much like a normal word processor like MS Word, but it was free, could upload and save in more formats, and ran inside my browser (firefox)! Definitely worth checking out if you have the time.

1 Comments:

  • I saw that article too! I think its a pretty cool idea and I especially like that sharing feature they have where multiple people can edit the document...

    Great find though...hopefully this doesn't hurt your employer's product ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home